This gambrel helps to get rid of all the worry of accidentally cutting and having your deer fall to the ground and getting dirt or debris on it. It has very simple design and easy in use. All you need to do is to insert the legs of the animal in the loop and cinch it up. Then you use pulley system if you have and pull the animal up. The weight of the animal actually tightens up the loops on animal’s skin, so the legs don’t slip out.
Consider the next features to choose the best deer hanger:
- Hanger’s construction. Most of hangers are made of heavy-duty steel that makes them to be durable and strong enough. If you look for deer hanger that serve not one season but more then give preference to hanger made of metal that can be used in any environment.
- Capacity. The capacity of the hanger is not always true, which manufacturer claims about. However, the overall difference of the capacity should not be great.
- Portability. There are no foldable hangers on the market but all of them are pretty compact and lightweight, that easy to transport. The setup of the hangers is also easy and takes a few minutes to handle it.
- Durability. High-quality hanger often has solid construction and a tough coating, to make it really durable. Sometimes metal construction may have additional coating to resist the influence of the different environment.
- Cost. The price for deer hangers is not too high. It depends on what features the hanger should include and material it is made of, whether it should include the rope or pulleys, etc.
After hunting hunter needs to be sure the field dressing process is done neatly and not performed on the ground. Deer hanger allows hunter the assistance of hoisting game up to eye level for ease of skinning and processing. The hangers provide hunter with different capacity to hold and support the trophy of various weight. It is easy and comfortable in use for medium-sized or big-game animals. Despite the capacity feature of the hanger, which is major, prefer the hanger that is powder coated to help protect its longevity from harsh weather conditions.